Wednesday, April 21, 2010

PACE PACE PACE

I want to change my pace. I have had a really good time running really long distances very slowly. I now am very focused on running shorter and longer runs much faster. I feel like I am re-teaching myself to like running. Running fast feels reaaaaal different and much more difficult. Today I ran 6miles at a 10min pace, which felt like a challenge. I am going to keep experimenting with challenging my natural SLOW pace and  teach myself to be much quicker. Its actually really fun to be "fast". Everyone's idea of fast is different. I think that all of my paces are considered by most runners as slow, but thats okay with me. When you run fast your body feels like its working really hard and you get home faster which is nice when you've been at work all day. Faster equals lots of endorphins!!

I think one of the things I like best about running is that there are quantitative outcomes. There are so many things that I try hard at in my life that don't have as clear of outcomes. I run more= running becomes easier. I run faster= i can run longer faster. I really like hoe the amount of self motivation can really affect how well I will improve. I work hard at running faster and I am confident that running fast for long distances will become easier. My body will rise to the challenge, thats pretty neat. As always running feels pretty darn good. Inspiring every time I put my feet on the ground.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. I like how you are thinking and working! INSPIRATION! love mom

    ReplyDelete