Thursday, December 16, 2010

Addicted to Sugar

Running this week has gone really well so far. I have run three times since Monday, only two more runs to go. Recently the run hasn't been the hard part its going out in the cold. After every run all I want is roasted red pepper tomato soup with grilled cheese, three dinners in a row.

Monday:
Great 4 mile run, would have gone farther if I had time. It surprising how much my body seems to remember about running. Even if I only run once in a while my body gets right back into it. I was surprised on Monday how easy 4 miles felt, it was fun. I am just constantly in shock over the difference in running this year compared to last. Its a whole new game. Monday was great. I ate alot of sugar after, oops.

Tuesday:
Was a fast three mile run. I didn't have much time to get into it and there was alot of traffic on the sidewalk. Good and easy, pretty good speed.

Wednesday:
SO COLD. Running in the cold is hard. It is nice not to be as thirsty all the time but so painful. I decided to run the Ben Franklin Bridge (windddy and cold). I am trying to practice hills on a weekly basis since the DC marathon is hilly. Hopefully it will pay off. I felt pretty good about the run. I didn't have my watch so I have no idea of the timing. I ran around 6 miles in total.

The rest of the week I hope to run another 6 miler and 12miler. I know that the 11-12 miler will happen but I am having a hard to fitting in the other 6 miler.

Feeling like I am in marathon training, woot.

Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment