Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Running in the Dark

Feeling very proud of myself after a great three-mile early-morning run today. After five weeks of living and working in DC, this was the first time I actually got out of bed and ran before work. Something I hope will become a much more regular occurrence in the weeks to come.

It was COLD, windy and dark. It’s been 30 degrees for the last week. I had no idea that temperatures in DC got this low and stayed there.

The other facet of running in DC that has been a shock to my system is the hills. The entire city seems to be going either up hill or down hill, sometimes gradually and sometimes sharply. That was definitely not the case in Philly and South Jersey.

So far so good with the marathon training plan. Two weeks nearly done, fourteen more to go!

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment